1.07.2009

Where'd all the chicken go?


Well, the truth is that there never was any chicken. Or maybe chicken was just a myth, like ice (Spongebob Reference #1). Since last we talked, the aforementioned depression has kept me too bogged down to cook anything more complicated than fish sticks. When I wasn't stuck to the couch trying to stop crying, I was drinking or smoking or crawling out of bed with a sore throat and hangover. If you're wondering about the boozing and smoking, there's a simple explanation: I've decided to take my anger at my depression out on my body. But on the off chance that you're a writer, too, I won't bore you with the details. Chances are you already know this cycle intimately. I will say that I survived the worst of this last down. Maybe some day there will be chicken, but for now I have too many important things to think about. Namely Nacho Cheese Macaroni, my newest invention.

The theory behind it: I like pasta and I love queso y salsa, so why not combine them? It seems like hamburger might go well with this. A kind of Mexican goulash. I think I'll work on a prototype Friday or Saturday night and let you know how it turned out.
Via con pollo, amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment